Me

Me

Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Lil Visitor

So for the past few months my lovely good sleeping lil Benjamin has stopped being such a good sleeper & now wants to be with me.  Every night around midnight, the lil steps of his feet come scurrying down the hall until he reaches my room & announces "momma's bed"  It's not all that bad but it's an interruption to the night & then starts the "milk, mama" "where, paci go?" questions so the days of my few precious months of sleep are gone and don't get my wrong, during those few months it wasn't like I was getting 8 hours every night because as we all know, at least one child has got to need something at any given moment during the night.  But I thought I was on the end of having to wake up so much during the night, and I know "this too shall pass" but I would really like to go back to the days of just laying him down & saying "night, night"  For if you really look at it, let's go back to 2006, when I was pregnant with Lil Harrison thus starts the sleepless nights, from the relentless bladder attacks to the body creeks, in '07 he is born & for the next 16mths we spend with countless ear infections & him attached to me for food and just as I am starting to wean him, I find out I am pregnant with Benjamin & by far my achiest pregnancy, so proceeding with the lack of sleep for the next 9mths & then another 13months while he is dependant on me for food.  And that brings us to him sleeping, and me sleeping for the 1st time in 4 yrs.  And while it was short lived it will come back & I guess I could fight Benjamin coming into my room & play the whole lets go to your room game, but even at midnight I have lost the will to fight & I am tired; so he sleeps with me & bumps daddy to his bed.  Which is kind of funny.  I know this time next year I will look back & relish in the days that he wanted to snuggle with me but right now, I wouldn't mind a night or two in my own bed without any visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment